|** Registration is full for this event, but stay tuned for our next family event in spring 2014!
After 30 years in the making, the San Diego Central Library opened its doors to the public on September 30.
As part of the Triton family, you are invited to join us for an exclusive look at what makes this library one of the best in the world, with amazing artwork and collections.
If you would like to see more of the Library, we encourage you to take an official hour-long tour prior to the Library closing and the event start at 5:30 p.m. For more information, please visit: www.supportmylibrary.org/library-tour/
- 5:30 p.m. Check In – Garden Courtyard (ground level)
- 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. Library Floor Tours – Explore the following floors on your own. Docents will be available to share details on the iconic architecture and diversity of programs and services available in this new community treasure!
- First floor – Lobby, Dickinson Popular Library, East Arcade, Oliver I Can! Center and Sanford Children’s Library (Children’s story time and activities in Children’s Library)
- Second Floor – Pauline Foster Family Teen Center, Union Bank Homework Center, Health and Wellness Information Center and Social Science Collection
- Sixth Floor – e3 Civic High
- Manpower (Eighth) Floor – Helen Price Reading Room, Mae Bell Page Literacy Services Area (READ/San Diego), SABR (Society for American Baseball Research) Center, IDEA (Innovation and Digital Expression Activity) Lab, and Art, Music and Recreation Collection
- Ninth Floor – Special Collections, Hervey Family Rare Book Room, Art Gallery, Valeiras Sculpture Garden, Roof Top Terraces, Shiley Special Events Suite, Katie and Dan Sullivan Library Commission Room and Dome
- 6:45 – 7:30 p.m. Reception & Program
We are pleased to host alumni for this unique experience. Please help us to continue to provide these opportunities by making your annual gift today in support of student scholarships and alumni programs: alumni.ucsd.edu/support. Your gift has the power to make an incredible impact on our promising students, from creating scholarships, to ensuring a vibrant university experience.
Parking: Due to library restrictions, complimentary parking is not available in the Library’s underground parking garage after 5:30 p.m. Parking is available at Tailgate Park, 1235 K Street, as well as other surrounding lots. The Library address is 330 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92101.
We encourage you to take public transportation. The Central Library is located midway between 12th & Imperial Transit Center to the south and Park & Market Trolley Station to the north. There are also many buses that stop near the Library. For more details on trolley and bus options visit: Metropolitan Transit System Bus and Trolley Routes
INQUIRIES: Jenelle Dean, email@example.com
Want to learn more about the Central Library?