Life after college starts today!
There are so many great ways you can stay connected to your university. To begin your journey as a proud UC San Diego graduate, get started with our bucket list—and create new Triton memories to last a lifetime.
Watch Alumni Orientation
Alumni Orientation is the must watch program for all graduating Tritons, including undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Join us for your very own insider's tour of your Triton network, giving you quick and easy, virtual access to the campus Alumni team and tips on how to leverage the alumni network for life and career success.
You'll learn how to make the most of your Tritons Connect online community, how to stay connected from wherever you land through regional alumni clubs and groups, and how to take advantage of career and professional development resources through the Career Center.
Tips and Tricks
First-Year-Out Bucket List
- Stay in touch: Sign up for Email for Life (keep your @ucsd.edu email address!) and update your contact information.
- Get connected: Join Tritons Connect (tritonsconnect.com) to seek alumni mentors, join affinity groups, register for special events and build your network. You can even sign up to mentor students still on campus to share your valuable experiences.
- Be social: Follow us on social media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram (@UCSDAlumni)
- Build your local network: Plug into an alumni regional club or cultural/special interest group, where you can meet your Triton community of alumni, students and fellow recent graduates. Attend your first regional club event by participating in a Triton Welcome Event (August/September 2020).
- Pay it forward: Volunteer with fellow alumni wherever you are. Attend Triton Leaders Conference to learn the best role, tips and professional development training (February 5-7, 2021)
- Cheer on your team: Join us for a D1 athletic game...GO, TRITONS!
- Come back home: Register and attend your FIRST alumni homecoming with exclusive Reunion Zero Events (October 23-25, 2020)
- Go GOLD: Look forward to a special newsletter and unique events as a Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD)
- Celebrate: Join us for Alumni Celebration Weekend (May 14-17, 2021)
- Give back: Make your first (or annual!) gift to an area of campus that's meaningful to you.
PLUS: Enjoy These Alumni Benefits:
- FREE events for your first year! Enjoy signature programs at NO CHARGE for your first year(some events excluded). Save the date for your FIRST signature event, Homecoming, featuring YOUR Reunion Zero (Oct 23-25, 2020)
- FREE Career Center resources, including: jobs through Handshake, career fairs and networking events, assessment tools, 1:1 advising with a career coach for up to one year after graduation, and more
- FREE quarterly alumni magazine, Triton, to keep you up to date on all things UC San Diego. Request your digital or print copy today.
Congratulations from the Alumni Family
Professional Career Coaches and Counselors
A professional career counselor or coach is trained to help clients at various stages of their careers. These UC San Diego alumni work as professional career counselors and coaches, and offer special rates and services for fellow Tritons. Connect with them on LinkedIn and then send them a message to inquire about career coaching.