We're Here to Help
As an alumnus/a, you will continue to have access to a variety of helpful career resources and tools — a service that we provide free for the rest of your professional life.
Paula Thomas '87
- TritonsConnect – Tritons Connect is an exclusive online community of UC San Diego alumni, students, staff, faculty and parents where you can find or be a mentor, post or apply for jobs, join an interest group, find Tritons in your field and so much more!
- All UC Alumni Career Network – The UC Alumni Career Network is a high-impact, online series designed to provide UC alumni and community members with the insights, information and connections to launch, grow and expand your career opportunities.
- Jobs at UC San Diego – Explore options to join our diverse and dynamic university staff.
- Career Fairs – New graduate and student job seekers are invited to meet and interact with recruiters and professionals from leading employers who are hiring.
- Alumni Networks – Engage with Tritons near you and those whom you share a common cultural or special interest.
- UC San Diego Staff and Faculty Alumni – Celebrate Triton pride via special campus connections and opportunities.
- UC San Diego Extension Classes & Certificates – Enjoy a 10% discount on eligible courses. To receive your alumni discount, register in-person or visit: extension.ucsd.edu. Download the UC San Diego Extension Discount Request Form here.
- Professional Career Coaches and Counselors – A professional career counselor or coach is trained to help clients at various stages of their careers. These UC San Diego alumni work as professional career counselors and coaches, and offer special rates and services for fellow Tritons.
- University of California Career Network Videos – Gain insights and advice to launch, grow and advance your career via recorded videos.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – Join a membership program for individuals 50 years of age and older who are interested in enriching their lives through lifelong learning.
- Coursera for UC San Diego – Staff, Students and Faculty alumni may enroll and build skills via UC San Diego’s digital courses – free of charge.
- UCSD-TV Career Channel – Powered by UC San Diego Extension, the channel identifies emerging areas of opportunity and can help develop plans for reskilling.
- Online Career Center Assessment Tools: The Career Center offers a variety of online tools to help current students and alumni achieve success.
- CliftonStrengths: New graduates are welcome to purchase an online access code to take a CliftonStrengths assessment and contact one of the Certified Strengths Coaches on Handshake for an individual career coaching appointment to discuss results.
- Career Choice and Change: Discover resources for career exploration and change, resume writing and interviewing.
- Alumni Career Network: Join us monthly to gain insights and advice to launch, grow and advance your career.
Career Education and Services
Take the next step in your journey and advance your career with the help of Career Center services designed for alumni.
Professional Career Coaches and Counselors
A professional career counselor or coach is trained to help clients at various stages of their careers. These UC San Diego alumni work as professional career counselors and coaches, and offer special rates and services for fellow Tritons. Connect with them on LinkedIn and then send them a message to inquire about career coaching.