Become a Student Mentee
Established by UC San Diego Alumni and the Career Center, Take a Triton to Work matches current students for career exploration and/or professional development conversations. Students will have an opportunity to meet with a Triton who is willing to share about their career path and experiences following graduation.
- September 20: Students sign up for Winter session
- October 26: Student Mentee Orientation sessions begin and students are able to search and find Alumni Mentors
- November 22: All unmatched participants will be paired
- November 29: Registration for the Winter Session closes
- December 13-17 or at a preferred time that works well for the Mentor and Student: Meetups happen
How do I participate?
- Join/Login to Tritons Connect.
- Complete/edit your profile by clicking on “Edit Profile” in the upper right-hand corner
- Upload a photo
- Include academic, volunteer and special interest information and experience
- In the Summary Section, write a response to this question, “What do you hope to gain from a career-exploration conversation?”
- Scroll down to the “Seek Mentoring” section and check Take a Triton to Work
- Include professional experience and/or simply link your LinkedIn profile, and more.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Save” to save all changes
- Register to attend one of three information sessions:
Information sessions will include details regarding how you can search, identify and request your Alumni Mentor via Tritons Connect.
If you prefer to be matched with a mentor and/or do not submit for a match by deadline – no problem! We will use the Tritons Connect proprietary algorithm to pair you with an Alumni Mentor based on your academic emphasis and career interests.
Take a Triton to Work is networking made easy and connects current students with alumni, virtually, to explore their aspirational career paths. Students can make a connection with a fellow Triton who was once in their shoes to ask questions about career paths and opportunities, share information and receive career and professional guidance.
The meeting itself is dependent on your time and the nature of your Alumni Mentor’s industry and profession. Ideally, the experience will be a friendly career conversation where you can learn more about your mentor’s career field and the path that took them from UC San Diego to where they are today. Similarly, please share insight about yourself, the university and today’s learning experience.