Board of Directors Self Nomination Form
Nomination Requirements & Criteria
UC San Diego Alumni Association Board
The UC San Diego Alumni Association Board of Directors provides opportunities for enthusiastic alumni to become more involved with the university. The Board serves as the primary advisors to UC San Diego’s Chief Alumni Officer, and together, oversees the strategic development of Alumni programs and initiatives that advance UC San Diego in communities around the world. Board membership is a privilege and prospective members must complete an application to be considered.
Membership Requirements and Expectations:
- Must be an individual awarded with a UC San Diego degree;
- Must enjoy the alumni experience, remain engaged with the alumni community and talk openly and positively about UC San Diego to others;
- Must attend and actively participate in quarterly Board meetings;
- Must remain actively engaged between meetings through university events when possible and staying up-to-date on university news;
- Must support UC San Diego by contributing annually at a personally acceptable level of giving;
- Must serve on at least one committee of the Board or actively participate and support another area of campus;
- Must lead by example and proactively encourage fellow alumni to support the university through leadership, service, advocacy and philanthropy.
- Strong affiliation and connection to UC San Diego as a volunteer, leader, participant or contributor
- Potential areas of interest - Student-Campus Experience, Alumni Engagement, Alumni Philanthropy
- Record of volunteer service and participation to UC San Diego and/or other organizations
- Area of professional expertise – skills and abilities that will contribute to a strong Board
- Healthy corporate, industry and/or community connections
- Potential to provide leadership and meaningful contributions to strategic planning
- Commitment to UC San Diego’s Principles of Community and the Board’s Statement on Diversity
To build and maintain Board diversity, the following factors are also considered: gender, ethnicity, region, class year, and college/school affiliation.
Questions? Please contact UC San Diego Alumni at email@example.com.